Terms and Conditions
IIFL Securities Limited (hereinafter referred to as IIFL) provides for “Do It Yourself “concept of internet trading thereby reducing the hassle of paperwork for on boarding client and providing paperless and seamless services to its clients. IIFL has prescribed certain online product features, eligibility criteria and terms and conditions which the client should understand and aware, before opening trading and demat account through the website of IIFL. The Client is required to go through each and every condition as mentioned below and validate if he/she is eligible to open account with IIFL. If all terms and conditions are acceptable to the client, he/she should mark in I agree and accept column in order to open trading and demat account. Following are some of the unique features of the online product on offer by IIFL;
- The product being offered is completely on online, where by client would be able to trade online and experience the other services provided by IIFL online terminal and/or through mobile application. Further, the online terminal and mobile application also allows the client modify the service request for various alerts/ communication, pay-out requests, settlement frequency etc.
- This facility is currently available for opening Resident Individual broking and demat account only. Please note Non Individual and NRIs cannot open broking and demat account through this facility.
- The client is required to upload all documents, records etc. which shall be verified with the originals / authenticated as per prevailing regulatory guidelines as stipulated in Know Your Client documents and make payment via online mode through his registered Bank Account in order to open account.
- In case the documents submitted along with the application do not comply with the KYC guidelines of IIFL, the application is liable to be rejected and IIFL will not be liable to refund the Account opening fees and any interest on the amount.
- IIFL shall reject the application if it is found that the client is barred from trading or any investigation from SEBI or any other regulatory authorities is pending against the said client, decision taken by IIFL shall be final and binding upon the client. IIFL does not guarantee the account opening form submitted by the client shall be duly accepted as the company reserves its right to reject account opening application of the client without assigning any reason.
- The account will be opened in the same combination as provided in the Account Opening Form by the Customer or may be updated as per the details updated with UIDAI (Aadhar) or with KRA. The client shall verify the data fetched through KRA / UIDAI database and confirm that data available is true, correct and updated. The client is responsible to intimate any changes or modification in the details fetched to IIFL, along-with necessary documentary evidence.
- The Client shall be required to affix his own digital signature / e-sign at the relevant pages of account opening form so as to enable IIFL to open the said account.
- The margin trading funding (MTF) will be provided as bundled offering along-with the activation for trading in Cash Market. The client would acquaint themselves with the terms and conditions of Margin Trading Funding provided by IIFL. The client hereby agrees to be bind by such provisions as outlined in these documents and act in accordance with the same while availing the margin trading funding. The client hereby undertake to refer to the updated policies and procedure as posted on IIFL Securities website and abide by the same.
- Account Number/ Login Id/ User Id
Login Confidentiality: The Client agree and confirm that any instructions set via online trading account, which requires client to enter login credentials is known only to client and no other person. Client must not share trading / demat account details/login credentials with any other person. The client shall be wholly responsible in case the login credentials are compromised and shared with any person. IIFL or any of its agents or employees, will not ask for any login details or Passwords from you in any manner whatsoever.
All the communication such as confirmation of orders/trades, margin calls, decisions/calls to liquidate the collateral/ positions / security, ECN (Electronic Contract Notes), DP Transaction cum Holding statements and such other statements pertaining to Equity and Demat Operations and services including alerts, e-newsletter and promotional mails etc. would be send on the registered email address or registered mobile number with IIFL.
- The account number allotted to you is in inactive status to avoid any unauthorized transactions. Transaction will be allowed post activation of your account after completion of account opening formalities. In case the documents submitted along with the application do not comply with the KYC guidelines of IIFL, the application is liable to be rejected.
- The User Id – chosen by you or allocated to you will remain available for 30 days from the date of selection or allocation of the account number. In case the account does not get activated within 30 days the User ID will not be available for the customer.
- As per IIFL Policy we can provide only one User id/Login id for a client opening trading account in Equity. If you are already registered in commodity and you want to open Equity account or vice versa, please note you are requested to use your existing User id/Login Id and complete the account opening formalities.
Authorization and Acknowledgement
The client hereby understands and acknowledge that by agreeing to enter into Client-Broker relationship with IIFL Securities Limited, he would have access to product uniqueness and features only if the following conditions are met:
- I confirm that I am an Indian Resident, born in India and my sole country of tax residency is India. I am not US person/Resident of Canada/ countries falling under CRS thus FATCA & CRS Declaration is not applicable to me.
- I/we am neither politically exposed person, nor related to one.
- I/we understand and acknowledge that I/we will receive credits automatically into my/our demat account maintained with IIFL and I/we would like to receive dividend/interest directly to my bank account given during the account opening process through ECS.
- I/we understand and acknowledge that, I/we would like to subscribe for Account Statement (for demat) with monthly periodicity.
- I/we understand and acknowledge that the PoA/DDPI or any such authorization/ Instruction in favour of IIFL is facilitates seamless trading experience including collection of margins as well as settlement of funds and securities.
- I/we authorize that by sharing the Aadhaar Number voluntarily, I/we have allowed IIFL to access details with UIDAI database and use the data (my data / information / photograph etc.) so fetched to complete KYC and do due diligence as required and mandated by SEBI and other regulators.
- I/we authorize IIFL to use the Aadhaar Number for generating e-signature with the help of any certifying authority and affix the same at the relevant places in the KYC form. The e-signature so affixed in the KYC form and other voluntary documents would be equivalent of my agreement to all the terms and conditions as it would have been, had the form be signed by me physically.
- I/We understand that IIFL may at it absolute discretion, discontinue any of the Services completely or partially without any notice to me/us.
- There are no action/proceedings initiated/pending/taken by FMC/SEBI/Stock exchange/any other authority against me for dealing in securities markets during the last 3 years.
- I/We intend to invest in stock/commodity market with Own Funds only.
- DIS booklet- I do not wish to obtain DIS for the time being.
- I hereby request you to consider the data like Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of address (P0A) and any other information downloaded from other sources like KRA / CERSAI.
- I hereby authorise IIFL to pledge / Re-pledge my shares/securities with Clearing Member/Clearing Corporation/ Clearing House in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- The client can fund their account online, from specific list of Payment Gateway options. The amount will be credited into customer account post account activation and basis availability of clear funds or receipt of the same by IIFL. While transferring funds through online mode(s), IIFL will not accept any responsibility or liability of whatsoever nature in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to the customer out of the decline due to lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or exceeding the pre-set limit mutually agreed by the customer and his/her remitting "Bank(s)", or any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or decline of transaction for any other reason/s.
- The trading in the derivative segment as opted by the client at the time of KYC will be activated once the income proof in the form of holdings in the clients’ demat account is available.
- I authorise to IIFL to offer and provide services of other products like mutual fund units and other securities and services.
- I confirm that before e-signing the EKYC documents, I will go through the entire KYC and agree that all my information & details is captured properly on the account opening documents.
- The client confirms that he/she is not Illiterate / Disabled Person / Blind person /Person with mental disability.
- The applicable Brokerage, DP Tariff & other charges to my account are explained to me and I am aware that the same can be modified under intimation to me.